October 15, 2009

We are being Ferberized!

Mckenzie has been a bear at night! She has been refusing to sleep, screaming at the top of her lungs. Last night she didn't go to sleep until after 12 - I don't really know when because I was SO flippin tired!

So today I read up on the Ferber Method. I tried to have dinner earlier because that seems to be what she has been wanting lately. At about 6:45 Mckenzie was showing signs that she was tired. I took her upstairs and gave her a bath. After her PJ's, I took her into my room and gave her a bottle of milk. When she drank half of it, she started wanting to play. I then took her into her room and rocked her as she finished her bottle. After that was finished, we brushed her teeth and I read two stories to her. We cuddled a bit and then I put her in her crib. Then the wild rumpus began...

7:49 - I left the room
7:54 - I went back in again to comfort. That 5 minutes was the LONGEST in my life. I wanted to go in there and pick her up and hug her and love her.
7:56 - I left the room again
8:01 - She layed down and stopped crying for about 10 seconds - That SO gave me hope that this would work! Thank you for that little message, God!
8:06 - Went back into the room to comfort.
8:08 - I left the room again
8:15 - Layed down and stopped crying again, but soon got back up
8:17 - Layed down with no crying - FOR THE NIGHT! Wahoo!

1 comment:

  1. I hope she settles down soon. Bedtime drama is the worst! Bedtime is supposed to be the best time of the day!

    ReplyDelete